Ramona T-6 Formation Clinic
The following information pertains to Fly Ins and Formation Clinics hosted by Classic Fighters at Ramona Airport (RNM).
- Call ahead to our two fine FBOs and make fueling payment arrangements. Chuck Hall Aviation 760.789.8178; Pacific Executive 760.789.6384.
- Bring two current parachutes that fit in the cockpits of your aircraft.
- On arrival RNM, park in the transient ramp at the base of the tower. Park by the pedestrian gate on the east side. You can walk to the hangar or catch the shuttle provided;
- Plan on paying $50 to help defray the cost of meals and beverages.
- Plan on signing a Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Fully service your aircraft on arrival, each morning and as needed.
- Plan on committing all weekend, ending Sunday noon, usually. The pivot point for a good clinic or just practicing is a 4-ship. It is not always easy to assemble four or more of a similar type aircraft. If you, the pilot, decide that after you have obtained what you alone need, you need to depart – We will be unhappy! We need you to stay so that others who depend upon you will have you and your aircraft there to help us complete the schedule. If you sign up and cancel at the last minute, you have placed a real hardship on your fellow pilots.
- On arrival, the seat in your aircraft not occupied by the pilot is taken. It is needed for check pilots or others to be scheduled by the scheduler. It is not free for you to put just anyone in there! There may be very unusual circumstances where a certain individual must accompany you in that seat. If this is the case, let us know ahead of time.
- Come prepared – Totally. Have a ready aircraft and open mind. Complete your studying and questions before the brief;
- Fill out your briefing card before the brief commences and utilizing the info on the scheduling board; make sure that you have met all those that will be in your flight;
- Make sure that your aircraft is completely serviced and ready to start the engine and taxi. Delays following the brief and which are associated with logistics that could have been done previously make it very difficult to stick to a firm schedule;
- Place your mobile telephone OFF from brief time to the end of the debrief. You need to focus and not submit to distractions.
- ATIS is available both on the base radio in the hangar or by calling the AWOS on 760.789.0736.
- Protocol – We adhere to NATA and CAF-TRARON protocol for T-6 Texans/Harvards/SNJ’s;
- Make sure to complete the online sign-up sheet at http://classicfighters.org/content/ramona-formation-clinic well in advance of attendance;
- Hotels nearby are the Ramona Valley Inn (760.789.2889) and in Poway-the Best Western (858.748.6320). Enterprise Rental car is in Ramona (760.789.2062). Dinners and lunches are usually part of the event;
- Come Friday afternoon if you can to warm up. We start early Saturday with the first flights.